About Cindy Goldberg...
In addition to my passion for developing student-first programs and resources, it is my unwavering commitment to all students, families and staff members that positions me to continue to be an effective Trustee on the Conejo Valley Unified School District (CVUSD) Board of Education (BOE).
I have a proven track record of fostering collaboration between parents and the BOE through cultivating strong relationships with all CVUSD stakeholders —students, families, the Board, superintendent, district administration, teachers and business leaders. I have the unique ability to leverage these relationships to not just talk about solutions, but to get things done.
Read Even More About My Qualifications...
Effective, Seasoned Educational Advocate and Parent Leader.
- 20 year proven track record in CVUSD
- PTSA - elementary, middle, high school levels
- School Site Council - elementary, middle, high school levels
- DAC - Member/Executive Board/Chairperson
- Gate DAC – Representative
- CVUSD Committees – Budget, Homework, CTE
- Measure I Campaign Steering Committee
- Direct experience with CVUSD Schools
- Active in local community and school support organizations,
- Chamber Education and Workforce Development Committee
- Coalition for Youth and Families
- Visual and Performing Arts Strategic Planning Committee
- CCPTA Platinum Member
Successful Working Relationship with all CVUSD Stakeholders – Board, Superintendent, District, Administration, Teachers and Parents
- Can maximize relationships and get things done
- Knowledge/Expertise in School Administration/Governance
- Understanding of complicated nature of school budgets/financing
- CVUSD Budget Committee
- School Site Council
- Brown Act Trained/Compliant
- Knowledge of Ed Code, Policies, AR’s
Strong Community Connections
- Chamber of Commerce Education and Workforce Development Committee
- TO*ARTS Advisory Board
- The Acorn Top 10 of the Year - 2017
- Conejo Schools Foundation Executive Director – 2017 CA Non Profit of the Year
- Work with City Council Members, City Staff, and Thousand Oaks Police Department
- BreakThrough Program
Born in New Orleans, and raised in San Diego, my husband and I moved to the Conejo Valley in 2003 because we wanted a top notch public education for our three children. All three have been well served by the education they received in CVUSD. They attended University and EARThS Elementary Schools, Redwood Middle School, and Thousand Oaks High School.
As soon as we got to the Conejo Valley, I jumped into the volunteer culture of our community ~ volunteering in our children’s classrooms and in the community. Before joining the Board of Education, I was deeply involved with district and school support organizations, such as the District Advisory Council, PTAs and School Site Councils. I was a member of the Measure I School Bond Campaign Steering Committee, and the Horizon Hills Neighborhood liaison to the AdHoc Committee for the Conejo Valley Learning Center.
Outside of CVUSD, I also serve on several community organizations. Currently, I am a member of the Chamber of Commerce’s Education and Workforce Development Committee. I am also on the Boards of the Coalition for Youth And Families (a joint effort with the City of Thousand Oaks), and Community Action Ventura County (a non-profit dedicated to lifting people out of poverty).